Monday, November 21, 2011

BLOG 15: The Stinking Rose

A few weeks ago, I went on a small trip over the weekend to visit my boyfriend in Los Angeles. He knows that I had a thing for food that makes your mouth smell so for date night, he took me to a place called the Stinking Rose. Most people are well aware that the “stinking rose” is referred to as garlic. Why? The stink part of the title is clear. The restaurant website tried to explain the rose part either but basically… they don’t know either.
My boyfriend has heard a lot of buzz about the restaurant which is why he decided that we go there in the first place. Everyone has told him that we just had to get their popular appetizer, the “bagna calda.” It was garlic cloves toasted in olive oil and butter, creating a spread to be eaten with bread. I thought it was pretty good, although I did enjoy the other spread they served to us when we were seated. My boyfriend was also a little underwhelmed by the hype of it all.

The famous Bagna Calda

Then we had the Arugula Pesto (pretty much just pesto and pasta to me), and we each had the Garlic Roasted Prime Rib, which is served with mashed potatoes and spinach. The prime rib was absolutely delicious. The overall experience was a good one. It was a very uniquely decorated place a nice and cozy ambiance. But sadly, of all the food served there, if there was one thing that would make me come back, it would be for their strawberry mojito. If you want to try it out for yourself, they have a branch in San Francisco. 325 Columbus Ave, San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment